I'm royally pissed off at myself for falling for something *** like this. The guy says blah, blah, blah, Mexican girl steals all his money and credit cards, yada, yada, yada, I get 3 fake jackets for $160.
By the way, this was in San Diego.
Warning signs I should've played on.
1) He said he was from Milan and that it was 12 hours faster than PST when I knew that it was probably less than that because I went to Indonesia and over there, it's 13 hours faster. Italy and Indonesia are definitely not 1 time zone apart.
2) He showed me a passport! He said he went to Mexico with a woman and she stole his $7000 cash and credit cards. Why didn't she take his passport?
3) Back to the credit cards: He said the woman took his credit cards and soon after that, he tells me that Italians don't use credit cards.
4) I'm not a expert when it comes to business trips, but can business trips across the Atlantic really last for a month? And do they really expect a foreigner Italian to drive a rental car?
5) A rental car for a month??!!
So I'm the biggest *** on this side of the Mississippi and I just want everyone to not fall for the trickeries of this supposedly Italian thief. I am not bagging on Italians. It's just sad that this guy claimed he was from Milan and he's smearing the decency of nice Italian people.
So I hope this Silvio with his rental car dies a slow and painful death because I have 3 fake jackets and down $160. Never ever take the phrase "The Kindness of Strangers" to heart. In life, it doesn't work.
Monetary Loss: $160.